Friday, May 25, 2012

5/25

Unfortunately I was not able to start milling my putter head yesterday; Mr. Breigle forgot he had a department meeting 8th period, the only time that we could've met that day. However I was able to get a good amount of work done on my shaft using the sanding machines in the tech department. The only sander that worked was the wheel sander, or a spinning wheel of sand paper with only the top half exposed above a surface. Because of that it was weird trying to get the right amount of angle on the shaft just from a flat wheel, and therefore it was an uneven initial sanding, although I got most of the wood off that I wanted. It also burnt the wood in some places, but that's not a big deal because I just sanded off those parts.


Those darker parts are where the wood got burnt from the side of the wheel. I then got to hand sanding the rest of it for a good finish.


This the the almost finished end of the putter now; the only thing left to do is make it rounder and prettier, although with the short amount of time I have its not the biggest priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment