Tuesday, May 22, 2012

5/22

So yesterday I got my block of brass in the mail. As it is right now its about 1.2 kg, or about three times as much mass as the final version is going to be. I plan on taking it in to Mr. Breigle today and then hopefully we'll set up a time to mill it.


From this photo it looks very much like a gold bar, but I assure you I do not have that kind of money. Once I start to mill this bad boy I'll have much more to write about, but right now there isn't much.

Oh, and one more thing that might not seem pertinent to the project but actually is: I failed to qualify for the high school golf state championships after a couple of abysmal days, so the whole part of my project in which I wanted to use this putter during states is somewhat voided. However I will be playing in the NY Junior Amateur qualifier, and will hopefully use it then, although that will be on June 26th, long after school is over, along with my WISE presentation.


No comments:

Post a Comment