Wednesday, May 16, 2012

5/16

Yesterday I met with Mr. Breigle and discussed on how to make my putter the most efficient to drill. I showed him my initial design that I have previously posted about. He suggested that it would be the easiest to mill the head without the top "spoke" that I had before where the shaft inserted into, and so I got rid of it and put the threaded hole in the head of the putter itself.


The shaft bore is at an angle of 19 degrees to the ground because that is the standard angle of most putters. I also had to increase the width of the face from .4 inches to .58 inches in order to get 1/8th of an inch on either side of the bore because Mr. Breigle said he needed at least that much in order to drill the hole without ruining the metal.

Another very important thing is that the metal is now going to be brass; this is the final choice in metal for the putter. I ordered the brass last night. Specifically the brass is 360 Brass, which is considered to be the best brass for milling, like here: http://www.onlinemetals.com/brassguide.cfm; and Mr. Breigle agreed. I ordered a 4x1.5x1.5 rod last night for $30, and it will hopefully get here on Friday, the 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment