Monday, March 12, 2012

WISE Project Review

I reviewed the project of a previous WISE student, Phoebe Clark, who took up the task of "expressing a malaria protein in tetrahymena". I chose this project to review mostly because there wasn't really any other projects similar to mine, and because it sounded pretty interesting.

The project itself was something really advanced and most of it was beyond my understanding, probably because I hadn't taken AP Biology. The scope of this project seemed simple enough, just doing lab work, but it involved a lot of work and to me looked like a college-level biology project because of the time and resources she put into it. She got a lot of help from local labs and Cornell professors to complete this project.

Phoebe said she didn't accomplish exactly what she set out to do (even though I can't tell what she did wrong), but she still learned a lot, and reflected well on what she did learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment