Monday, March 12, 2012

Update 3/5

The third entry of the 4 I had wrote previously. The 5th will be about the WISE project I looked at over the last 2 weeks.

Today I met with my mentor again, Dan Miller, and we mostly talked about what I had accomplished over the last week or so. We met on Monday instead of Wednesday, because it fitted our schedules better. Dan has been talking with a bunch of "golf" people in the area, mostly from Newman and Cornell, and found someone who could help me with assembling my putter when it is done. He works at Dick's Sporting Goods, so I'll also be able to ask him about the right kind of grip I want for my shaft, the different kinds of putter grips (they are a lot different from other grips since some are flat on the top), and I think most importantly, how narrow the shaft has to be to fit a grip on it without it. I also showed him my tentative sketches for the first head I had finished designing by then; he had a couple suggestions for it, mainly that it should have a face angle of about 2 degrees because we decided it wasn't going to have grooves and it's important to get the ball up in the air a tiny bit to get it rolling. He also suggested that I have 2 "aiming grooves" on the top of the head instead of 1, 1 on either side of the ball instead of just in the middle of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment