Monday, March 12, 2012

Update 2/25

So after being locked out of my google account for about 2 weeks for no good reason at all, I'm finally able to post my entries again. I've been keeping track of them in a notebook, so there'll be about 4-5 straight posts this morning. This one is from 2/25, so it was a couple days after I had started work on my shaft.

I began work on doing a CAD drawing of my putter head after I had finalized 2 different designs of my putter. I plan on doing both all the way through to the end, and choose the easier and simpler one to mill, which comes down to how complex the shapes are and if I can mill the top of the head with as few realignments at all; my goal for that is none at all. I started out with how I would start to cut the head from the beginning, mostly having a big block and cutting out simpler shapes out of it.

So far I have figured out the size of the block I want to start with; 2x4x4, which I believe I can get from some type of metal store. It's this size because I want to have the head 4 in long, from heel to toe, and have the shaft insert raised up about 2 inches from the head so that I can bend it slightly so that to shaft is inserted at an appropriate angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment