Monday, March 12, 2012

Update 3/8

The final entry of the 4 I had written up previously.

I have begun to sand down my shaft a little more now since I have decided upon a size for the tip of my shaft: .34in in diameter. I'm currently not able to sand down the actual tip, since I need to keep it square in case I have to clamp it down again, but I have been sanding the middle according to how much the shaft would taper up from .34 at the bottom. It's a very slow process, since it's always better to have too much wood than too little and I want to be careful with how much I sand, but I should be able to finish it in a reasonable timeframe, about 3 weeks, if I work on it at the same time as designing the head.

I also started work on the second design up the putter head; this one is different in that it has eliminated much of the cavity that the first one employed. It's more dense and had less complex shapes than the first one. I want the option of having a heavier head after playing with my friend Dave's old putter for a round because I forgot my putter at home, and I found that I liked a heavier head because it has a better pendulum motion and feel in my hands, unlike my current putter which I have to swing harder, and therefore less accurately, to hit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment