Monday, March 12, 2012

Update 2/29

This is the second entry I've wrote up but not be able to publish it.

I've been working more on the CAD model the last couple of days. It's really been a challenge of figuring out the ratio of toe to heel weight, because the head has to balance out the weight of the shaft&grip attached to it. I've found from weighing and measuring all the putters at my house that mallet putters generally are more symmetrical than blade putters because the heads are so much larger and therefore have more weight to move around to offset the light weight of the shaft. The ratio of the blade putters, however, is about 1.3:1 in terms of weight, and it's been really quite challenging to try and model the head to keep that ratio as close as possible.

Edit: after doing a bit more researching, I realized that my wooden shaft is actually about twice as heavy as most metal shafts, so the ratio is going to be closer to 1.2:1.

No comments:

Post a Comment